Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Spruce Grove

A November drive in the Rocky Mountains landed us back at Spruce Grove for a day hike.

There are such beautiful folds in the rocks up there.
I would have never seen this if weren't for my Dad's hilarious revelation...thanks Dad!



Just before he took the picture below, Tim said that some people were coming with a dog....but I didn't believe him...it was a cold, November day and there were no cars in the parking lot when we got there.

Did I mention that I was taking a leak behind a tree, but not even two feet off the path....really? who would do that?!

Well, I do...and in the space of a blink of an eye..I saw the movement of the dog...boy, did I have to scramble....




It serves me right that I had to walk the rest of the way in the wild blue yonder with a wet leg and a wet sock.

And so, the point of my story is that after I saw the dog, I felt a little more relaxed to be in the 'out of doors'.

And I said, "Now, wouldn't that be an awesome business.  Dog rentals for day hikes.  I would rent a dog to feel more at ease in the woods...would you?"


Makes you think you're in a movie, doesn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment